- 8 asparagus spears, drizzled with olive oil
- 3 slices smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 quail’s eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, until smoking hot. Add the asparagus spears and chargrill for three minutes until griddled on all sides.
- Add the smoked salmon and cook for one minute.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Crack the quail’s eggs into the hot oil and fry for one minute on one side.
- To serve, lay the asparagus onto a serving plate, place the salmon on top, then top with the eggs and season with black pepper.
You can serve this dish with potato latkes (as in the picture). For the latkes, finaley grate about 1kg of potatoes and 1 peeled onion; mix together. Place the mixture in a cloth and wring well or simply using your hands, squeeze out as much moisture as you can.
Add 25g of flour, 1 egg, salt and freshly ground pepper.
Heat the olive or vegetable oil in a frying pan until moderatly hot, then place heaped tablespoons of the potato mixture into the pan.
Flatten each latke with the back of the spoon and fry until golden-brown on each side.
Let drain on paper towels.