This season, their chef, Emlyn, has devised a delicious new recipe
& accepted to share his secrets!
So, on your to-do list this week:
go to the Barracks on Petrie Terrace, try their Beef Tartare,
run home to order your Queensland Quails eggs & give their concoction a crack! Enjoy!
Ingredients (Serve 4)
- 300g eye fillet of beef
- 3 golden shallots, finely chopped
- Small handful of cornichon, finely diced
- 1 tbs small capers, rinsed & chopped
- ½ bunch chopped chives
- 8 Queensland Quails' egg yolks
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- A good splash cognac
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco – to taste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, freshly sliced & toasted
- Dice the beef as finely as possible, place in a mixing bowl, add the shallots, cornichon, capers & chives, mix well with your hands.
- Place 4 of the quail's eggs yolks in a separate bowl, whisk in the Dijon, cognac, Worcestershire & Tabasco, season with salt & pepper.
- Mix the egg mix into to beef until all evenly combined, check the spiciness, use a splash more Tabasco if you prefer a bit of heat.
- Divide the beef into 4 equal portions, mould rounds onto each plate, patting down to flattened the top, make a small well in the centre, place a quail's egg yolk in the centre of each tartare.
- Serve immediately with the warm toast.