A recipe tested by Jana & tasted by her daughter Annabelle! She replaced the usual large hen’s egg by 4 Queensland Quails eggs. Delicious!
So don’t forget to pack a few of them in your children’s lunch box & yours!
Ingredients (makes 18 bars)
- 2 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk (any kind of milk — rice, almond, soy, cow’s — will work)
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 4 Queensland Quails eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup Dried Fruit (Cranberries, Raisins, Blueberries, and/or Cherries)
- 1/2 Cup Nuts (Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, and/or Pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Place the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix the milk, applesauce, egg, honey, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stir to combine and then stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into a buttered or greased 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until thickened and golden.
- Cool, cut into squares and serve.
Allow to cool, cut into squares and place in a zip lock bag to freeze up to 4 months. When ready, allow to defrost in fridge for 24-48 hours.
Refrigerating the bars will make them last up to 5 days.